Luke 3:1-6 | Be prepared

 

Luke 3:1-6 | Be prepared

1. Read Luke 1:67-80. What do we learn about John the Baptist from his father Zechariah's song?

2. Repentance is a big part of John's message.

              a. What do you understand by repentance?

              b. Compare this with Jesus' ministry: Luke 5:32; Luke 13:3; Luke 24:45-49

3. Forgiveness is intimately associated with repentance and is the desired result of John's baptism. What is our understanding of this? (cf Luke 1:77; Luke 17:3-4; Acts 5:31)

4. How did John prepare the way for the Lord? (cf Luke 7:29-30, 31-35; Luke 20:1-8)

5. What does it mean that all people will see God's salvation (v3)? (cf Luke 2:30-33; Isaiah 55:5)

6. What part do we play in all people seeing God's salvation?

 

Spend some time in quiet reflection:

Passage through the wilderness was an integral part of John's mission, as it was for Abraham, Moses, Elijah and Jesus. Where, in all the hurly-burly of modern life, do we find a holy place, a place where we can be apart and encounter God daily?

Do I believe that if I have the courage to place myself in the hands of my maker, I will feel the heavens open and grace rain down on me, transforming my desert, making the crooked straight, the rough places smooth, until - at last - I will see the salvation of God?




Comments